Thieves stole a Tesla electric car in less than 30 secondsAugust 26, 2019
A year ago, a video broke the net, the authors of which demonstrated hacking Tesla cars by copying keys. It turns out that the famous electric cars are less protected than previously thought. In the UK, thieves hacked and stole a car in seconds.
The video from the surveillance camera shows how a pair of thieves steals Tesla parked in a private house. Interestingly, they used the “native” car key, which, apparently, was not far from the front door. At the beginning of the video, one of the thieves approaches the house, holding a system in his hands to amplify the signal. With its help, the electric car was unlocked and the engine started, after which the car slowly left the frame.
Tesla declined to comment on this case.
- This heavily modified BMW i8 Roadster costs $ 140,000
- In Brazil, a warehouse of 96 Chevrolet cars from the 90s was found in one shed
- DAMD tuning studio unveils updated Daihatsu Taft with Land Rover Defender design
- Chevy, Ford and Toyota Prepare 3 Race Car Debuts for NASCAR
- Mercedes-Benz has started deliveries of the premium Actros Edition 2 truck