Thierry Neuville leads the test special stage Rally SwedenFebruary 15, 2019
Hyundai racer Thierry Neuville headed the final classification of the shakedown before the second stage of the World Rally Championship, which will take place this weekend in Sweden.
The current winner of the single snow stage in the WRC calendar showed the best time on the 6.8-kilometer test of the special stage, beating Ott Tyanaka, who became the second, by 2.2 seconds.
Triumphant start of the season rally-2019 Sebastian Ogier completed the warm-up on the third line with a lag of 2.3 seconds from the leader.
The fourth time, Chris Mick showed, while closed the top 5 Elfin Evans. Thus, in the first five were representatives of four different brands – Hyundai, Toyota, Citroen and Ford.
Nine-time World Rally Champion Sebastien Loeb placed on the eighth line.
The start of the first special stage of the Rally Sweden will take place on Thursday evening, at 22:08 Moscow time.
- Rare 47-year-old BMW Turbo will go under the hammer for $ 140,000
- First prototype battery with five minutes charge received
- Toyota Raize becomes Japan’s best-selling crossover in 2020
- Blizzard in Japan leads to large-scale accident
- Tesla opens first service center in Hainan, China