They put up for sale an unusual car, consisting of two halves of different carsMay 7, 2020
The strange car will be sold at Mecum auction. Bidding will take place at the beginning of this summer.
Mecum auction is going to sell the collection of American collector Dallas Hawkins, consisting of 26 cars. The most unusual lot here is a unique vehicle assembled from two parts of different cars – Dodge Colt and Plymouth Champ. Both of these cars are licensed copies of the 1981 model year Mitsubishi Colt hatchback, so they practically do not differ in appearance. For greater identity, the halves were painted the same color, all identification plates were eliminated and they were shod in the same tires.
Distinguish Dodge from Plymouth will only be possible if you look into the cabin. One car flaunts a red trim with black accents, and the second – the exact opposite. The salon does not disclose the affiliation of the salon to a specific model.
Both halves are equipped with the same 1.6-liter 4-cylinder engines with 81 hp return. Power units are working in tandem with 4MKPP. Interestingly, you can drive a car from any side you like. Anyone can buy such a hybrid.
- In China, drones without drivers will be brought to the roads for the first time
- A prototype of the German VW Transporter T7 van spotted
- A prototype of the updated Skoda Fabia hatchback was spotted on tests
- Camouflaged BMW X8 crossover prototype spotted
- 2021 Ford F-150 will receive new features by air