They called cars in which people most often die in road accidentsMay 31, 2020
The main objective of the safety systems in the car is to protect the driver and passengers in an accident and, of course, to save their lives. After studying statistics on the consequences of road accidents, experts at the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) on Sunday, May 31, called the most “deadly” cars in the world.
As it became known, subcompact cars most often become “death capsules” – 108 motorists died in them in the USA from 2015 to 2018 (per one million registered cars). For comparison, only 52 drivers died in larger cars.
Among the models, the Ford Fiesta turned out to be the “record holder” in the number of deaths – it has 141 motorists who have died per million registered cars. The second position is occupied by Hyundai Accent with 116 dead, and the fifth with 95 deaths – Fiat 500, followed by Hyundai Elantra and KIA Forte (Cerato) – 89 each deaths.
At the other end of the rating are large SUVs and premium cars. Among not worth mentioning are the Infiniti QX60, Porsche Cayenne, Range Rover Evoque and Mercedes-Benz C-Class. The exception was the compact Volkswagen Golf with zero mortality.
- A prototype of the updated 2022 Mercedes-Benz C-Class captured
- Porsche tests the powerful Cayman GT4 RS coupe
- Bloodhound will not be able to set a new world speed record
- Details of the updated Toyota Prius have become known
- Drone photographed the mysterious Tesla at a factory in the United States