There are new details about Apple’s electric carFebruary 2, 2021
Reuters writes about this with reference to the anonymous head of Hyundai.
According to the published data, the Hyundai management is not enthusiastic about cooperation with the American corporation Apple. According to an insider, Koreans fear that their image will be tarnished due to the fact that they are a contract manufacturer for another company. In addition, it was reported that Apple is purchasing the main parts of the future electric car from other companies, and Hyundai will commission the assembly.
At the same time, the well-known insider Ming-Chi Kuo said that Apple is going to use the E-GMP platform from Hyundai Motor, which will debut in the near future on the Hyundai Ioniq 5. At the same time, it is planned to start using it after 2025, while the mass production of an electric car from Apple is slated for 2024.
In addition, Min-Chi Kuo said that Apple is in talks with General Motors and PSA Group, now part of the Stellantis concern. Details of the negotiations and evidence of the very fact of cooperation are not provided.
- GM unveils smallest Wuling MINIEV convertible in brand history
- NIO installs first 2nd generation battery replacement station in Beijing
- Porsche celebrates 20th anniversary in China with 911 Turbo S Anniversary Edition
- Mansory atelier presented a shocking version of the Ferrari F8 Tributo
- Honda Reveals 2 Fun Carbon Fiber Electric Car Concepts