The world’s first electric fire engine is shownDecember 21, 2019
The car was made by Rosenbauer, which is the world’s largest manufacturer of fire fighting vehicles. The car was shown in Austria.
On the eve of an important event in the field of electric cars – the world’s first fire engine with an electric motor was shown. Thus, we can draw the final conclusion that cars with an electric motor finally enter our lives. The fire truck shown is not only more environmentally friendly than its counterparts with ICE, but also more compact. This is a huge advantage for fire fighting equipment – after all, it is not always possible to find a place in narrow courtyards full of cars.
A huge plus of the novelty is the safety and convenience of controlling a retractable ladder and car systems – now it can be done from the ground.
According to preliminary data, a fully-equipped car was estimated at $ 1.2 million. This is of course more expensive than current fire engines, but the electric car will be much more economical to operate and maintain. One of the features of the car is its peculiar modularity – if necessary, the car body can be converted into an ambulance to provide emergency medical services.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry