The world car market in 2020 decreased by 14%January 17, 2021
The global automotive market saw a 14% decline last year. Its volume reached 77.661 million units. – this number includes passenger cars and light commercial vehicles.
According to the consulting firm LMC Automotive, most of the cars were sold in 2020 in the Chinese car market. Here, for the reporting period, sales amounted to 24.459 million units. – 4% less than in 2019. Next in terms of sales is America, where it turned out to sell 14.47 million cars, which is 14.8% lower than the result of 2019.
Automotive markets of Western European countries at the indicated time showed the result of 12.395 million vehicles (-23.9%). The volume of sales of cars in Eastern European countries decreased by 5.5% to 3.891 million copies.
In South American countries, it turned out to sell 2.280 million cars, which is 26.6% less than the result of 2019. Note that among the largest global car markets, in particular, there are such states as Japan (4.541 million units, -11.5%), South Korea (1.855 million units, + 6%) and Canada (1.549 million units). ., -19.6%).
- Honda unveils new HR-V hybrid for Europe ahead of late 2021 launch
- Hyundai froze assembly of Kona EV over fire recall
- MINI refreshes John Cooper Works convertible
- Audi introduced the electric crossover Audi Q6 e-tron
- The first pictures of the new Toyota Land Cruiser 300 appeared on the web