The updated BMW M2 Coupe will receive 420 horsepowerMarch 9, 2020
Some publications received another batch of data on the high-performance Bavarian coupe BMW M2. Sales of new items are scheduled for 2022.
Almost three years ago, BMW promised to keep the rear-wheel drive layout of the next generation 2 Series coupe. While it’s certainly nice to hear, it does create some confusion in this particular family, given that the next-generation 2 Series Active Tourer minivan will again be based on a front-wheel drive platform, just like the recently introduced 2 Series Gran Coupe.
The new BMW M2 (G87) will receive an upgraded 3.0-liter inline turbocharged S58 engine with a power of at least 420 horsepower and a torque of 550 Nm.
The same engine is equipped with “charged” crossovers X3 M and X4 M, as well as future M3 and M4. The new BMW M2 Coupe should accelerate to 100 km / h in four seconds.
Just like the Z4 roadster and Toyota Supra coupe, the M2 will use the BMW CLAR platform, which in turn may open up the possibility of installing a flexible hybrid installation in the future. Buyers will be able to choose either a 6-speed manual gearbox or an 8-speed automatic with a torque converter that transmits power exclusively to the rear axle.
BMW plans to start selling the new generation M2 in Europe sometime in 2022. It is assumed that the “soft hybrid” version of the M2 can be introduced around 2025 or 2026.
- Audi from 2026 will completely abandon the internal combustion engine and switch to the production of electric cars
- Tuned Porsche 911 GT2 becomes the world’s fastest street car at the Nurburgring
- Hongqi’s new 5m E-QM5 electric sedan unveiled
- Aston Martin unveils a special Vantage roadster to celebrate the A3’s 100th anniversary
- 2022 Hyundai Elantra N Announced Ahead Of Global Launch