The United States accused Volkswagen of a major fraudMarch 15, 2019
The US Securities and Exchange Commission accused Volkswagen of “a major fraud,” CNBC reports.
As noted, the automobile concern allegedly repeatedly deceived its American investors in connection with the “diesel scandal.” In 2014-2015, Volkswagen produced more than $ 13 billion worth of papers, while the company management was aware that the emissions of more than 500 thousand cars in the United States significantly exceeded the norm.
It clarifies that the commission filed a lawsuit against Volkswagen and its ex-CEO Martin Winterkorn for further proceedings.
The concern called these accusations “legally and in fact erroneous.”
- Tesla wants to license its autopilot software
- Rimac said he would do with the purchased Bugatti
- The queue for the Toyota Land Cruiser stretches for 4 years
- Mazda patented eight new brands
- 2023 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 to officially debut on October 26