The United States accused Volkswagen of a major fraudMarch 15, 2019
The US Securities and Exchange Commission accused Volkswagen of “a major fraud,” CNBC reports.
As noted, the automobile concern allegedly repeatedly deceived its American investors in connection with the “diesel scandal.” In 2014-2015, Volkswagen produced more than $ 13 billion worth of papers, while the company management was aware that the emissions of more than 500 thousand cars in the United States significantly exceeded the norm.
It clarifies that the commission filed a lawsuit against Volkswagen and its ex-CEO Martin Winterkorn for further proceedings.
The concern called these accusations “legally and in fact erroneous.”
- BMW i4 electric car undergoes final tests
- New Mercedes-Benz S-Class recalls a couple of months after the start of production
- Audi chief designer reveals details of upcoming E-Tron GT
- Details about the engine range of the “charged” Ford F-150 Raptor 2021
- Skoda Kodiaq received a new set of Clever