The United States accused Volkswagen of a major fraudMarch 15, 2019
The US Securities and Exchange Commission accused Volkswagen of “a major fraud,” CNBC reports.
As noted, the automobile concern allegedly repeatedly deceived its American investors in connection with the “diesel scandal.” In 2014-2015, Volkswagen produced more than $ 13 billion worth of papers, while the company management was aware that the emissions of more than 500 thousand cars in the United States significantly exceeded the norm.
It clarifies that the commission filed a lawsuit against Volkswagen and its ex-CEO Martin Winterkorn for further proceedings.
The concern called these accusations “legally and in fact erroneous.”
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV