The timing of the release of the new electric vehicle Tesla Model YFebruary 5, 2019
Elon Musk is preparing to start mass production of his new electric car – Tesla Model Y.
The head of the company plans that in 2020 the first electric SUVs of the brand will start to go off the assembly line.
The letter sent to shareholders says that the Model Y assembly line will be launched no later than 2020, despite the fact that the prototype of the electric vehicle itself has not yet been presented to the general public, but is only planning to start preparing for its creation. At the same time, Musk is already preparing to produce Model Y at the Tesla plant in Nevada, and expects even greater sales than Model 3.
The company’s founder also assured shareholders that creating Model Y would cost Tesla less than Model 3. One of its arguments is that Americans do not need to build a separate assembly line for the new SUV, but only to reconfigure the existing one, on which make Model 3.
“This year should be really exciting for Tesla. Model 3 will become a global product, the profitability of our business should be steadily positive, our new Gigafactory Shanghai should start producing cars, and we will finally start equipment for the production of Model Y,” said Musk in his letter.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets