The timing of the development of the new electric BMW i1 became knownOctober 7, 2019
As follows from the approved plan of the German brand, by 2023 BMW will release 12 electric cars and 13 hybrids. One of the debut of these new products will be all-electric 1 Series. A novelty called i1 may appear on the market in 2021.
According to assumptions, externally, the electric car from the variations with typical internal combustion engines can be distinguished by the color of the body with bright accents and a plug in place of the grille. The new hybrid will acquire front-wheel or all-wheel drive thanks to the installation of one or two electric motors.
According to the head of the BMW i division Robert Irlinger, the modular platform of the German brand makes it possible to use it to develop electric cars of various segments.
BMW is working to electrify the entire lineup and can remake front-wheel and rear-wheel drive architectures to give brand fans the opportunity to choose.
- The network got photos of the new Porsche 911 Turbo S
- Pickup GMC Sierra got impudent tuning from Hennessey
- Mercedes told details about the new AMG GLE 63 Coupe
- Inexpensive crossover Renault Triber has grown to a global model
- The launch date for the sales of the luxury analogue of the Chevrolet Captiva has become known