The start of the 2020 WTCR season is postponed until JuneMarch 18, 2020
The organizers of the World Cup Touring confirmed the postponement of the start of the 2020 season at the beginning of summer.
After the cancellation of the stage in Hungary due to the coronavirus, the Nordschleife received the right to host the first two WTCR races this year. But World Touring will not arrive in the new season on the legendary German track.
The WTCR stage was supposed to go along with the stage of the German VLN series. However, the 24-hour Nurburgring 24-hour marathon has now been postponed to the end of September, and the World Cup will not be able to come there in the fall due to being on an Asian tour.
Thus, the number of stages in the 2020 season has been reduced to eight, but the same 20 races will remain due to additional races in Portugal and Austria. The new date and venue for the launch phase is June 5-7 in Slovakia.
- New Kia Sorento gets off-road X-Line variation
- Updated Range Rover Velar gets new engines and options
- Teasers of “hot rod-hypercar” with W16 engine appeared on the network
- Tesla will release a cheap self-driving car
- BMW officially unveils new M3 and M4