The release of the new MINI car will be delayedFebruary 1, 2020
Earlier, the fourth generation of cars was supposed to appear in late 2022 – early 2023.
The German auto giant BMW is delaying the development of a new generation of MINI cars. Recall that the previous update occurred in 2014. The decision to suspend work on the update was made due to incomplete clarity in trade relations between the UK and the EU. The current MINI version is made on the BMW UKL1 platform. Note that problems may arise with the production of the current generation of MINI cars. They are assembled in the UK, however, some components are supplied from the EU area.
In connection with the UK exit from the EU, additional duties on imported goods may appear, which will lead to higher prices for cars.
At the same time, BMW has an agreement with the VDL Nedcar plant in the Netherlands, where you can assemble Mini cars in case of difficulty. Today, the company is ready to assemble the current Mini generation, however, in the event of a new generation, the plant will need significant modernization.
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts
- Nissan starts production of the updated crossover Qashqai
- Acura RDX crossover will be available in an exclusive PMC Edition
- Photos of the Genesis GV70 cross-country salon appeared on the network