The reason for the unexpected acceleration of Tesla electric cars is foundJanuary 10, 2021
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration of the US Department of Transportation (NHTSA) decided to sort out this problem after numerous complaints. The investigation procedure lasted a whole year, but now the experts have an answer to the disgruntled Tesla car owners.
The NHTSA received 246 applications at once: owners of Tesla electric cars complained about sudden and uncontrolled acceleration of cars. On this fact, an audit was organized, which went on for a whole year.
But the supervisory authority did not start a full-fledged investigation – it did not have enough grounds for this.
Now the agency is ready to name the cause of this defect. It turned out that the owners themselves are to blame for such a strange behavior of electric cars, incorrectly pressing the pedal.
In the report, the experts indicated that they did not find a single evidence that such a defect could have been caused by a faulty pedal, motor software or brake.
There were no complaints about the design of the pedal itself.
Previously, the customer experienced difficulties with the new Tesla Model 3 sedan immediately after purchase. A car parked near the house suddenly burst glass on the back door. By a lucky coincidence, there was no one in the cabin or near the car.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km