The production of the new Volkswagen ID.3 has officially begunNovember 5, 2019
Buyers will receive debut commercial vehicles in the middle of next year.
On November 4 of this year, according to the plan, the German corporation Volkswagen officially launched the production of the Volkswagen ID.3 electric car, which is supposed to go out of the market in mid-2020.
According to the company, over 35,000 customers have pre-ordered the model and paid for the reservation, but a limited edition of 1ST will be released in a circulation of 30,000 units.
After a phased increase in production in Zwickau (Germany), the production of electric cars (different models) will increase to 100 thousand per year by the end of next year and to 330 thousand from 2021. So, Zwickau will become the largest enterprise in Europe for the production of electric cars.
The next step of the concern will be the release of electric models on the MEB platform also in Emden and Hanover since 2022. By 2028, the German brand intends to sell approximately 22 million electric cars worldwide.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station