The production of electric cars was considered unprofitableJune 10, 2020
Many car manufacturers are not sparing financing for developments in the field of environmentally friendly transport. Many people are betting on electric cars today, but it is difficult to call such a vehicle profitable on sale.
Specialists from the American analytical company Lux Research called the production of electric vehicles a loss-making business. According to their observations, manufacturers sell green vehicles at a loss. The progress in this area over the past few years is impressive, and the prospects for electric cars are also enviable. However, there is one “but.”
The production of most electric models is more expensive than the retail price for them. Therefore, electric cars are quite expensive. The high price helps companies not to go to a decent minus or at least go to zero. So the main goal of electric car manufacturers in the near future is to make this type of transport profitable.
According to Lux Research, the average recommended price for a new electric car in America in 2016 was $ 42,189. By 2019, it fell to the level of 33,901 dollars. At the same time, the average “range” increased by 13.7%, reaching an indicator of 370 kilometers.
At the same time, Lux Research experts predict that in the period from 2035 to 2040, over half of all world sales of passenger cars will belong to electric cars.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV