The producers of the movie Deadpool 2 were fined about $ 300,000 for the death of a stuntmanMay 10, 2020
On August 14, 2017, motorcyclist Joi Harris died in an accident during the shooting of the Deadpool 2 movie. Joy lost control when she shot the scene at Jack Pool Plaza in Vancouver, Canada. She literally flew out of the window and fell with the motorcycle to the ground.
WorkSafeBC investigated the causes of the incident and published a full report in October 2019. In May 2020, TCF Vancouver Productions, which made the film, was fined about $ 300,000. The report showed that security was not up to par.
According to the report, five factors led to a tragic death:
- inability to conduct risk assessments and ensure the safety of all workers
- inability to enforce the rules, that is, at least equip a helmet while performing a stunt on a motorcycle
- failure to ensure stuntman safety by observing stunt performance
- inability to provide a stuntman with a safe route
- inability to assess risks and dangers
The exact amount of the fine: $ 289,256.63.
- Hyundai Tucson crossover will become a hallmark for the brand
- Charged Ford Mustang Mach-E GT arrives in Europe
- Porsche 911 GT3 will debut in January 2021
- Audi is preparing a hybrid version of the Audi R8
- Mulliner officially unveils three refined Bentley models