The premiere of the SUV Prodrive for the Dakar-2021June 21, 2020
British engineering company Prodrive officially unveiled its SUV for the Dakar-2021 rally marathon, which will be held January 3-15 in Saudi Arabia.
The car is equipped with a gasoline 3.5-liter V6 biturbo engine with a capacity of about 400 hp. and a torque of 700 Nm. Therefore, this is an average option for the top T1 category, given that the MINI JCW is equipped with a V6 turbodiesel engine and the Toyota Hilux with a V8 petrol aspirated.
As part of a joint project with Bahraini holding Mumtalakat, David Richards also founded a team called Bahrain Raid Xtreme, which will put the SUV to the start in Dakar-2021.
So far, only renders of the car have been published. Prodrive is currently assembling the first chassis. Assembly is expected to complete in August.
- Tesla sues Donald Trump administration
- New BMW X8 spotted on public roads
- Lucid will compete with Tesla for the title of the fastest electric car
- Nissan launches fourth generation Rogue
- Tesla became a mining company