The plane landed on a busy highwayApril 19, 2020
Last morning, drivers in Quebec, Canada, witnessed a plane landing on a highway. Despite the busy traffic, there were no negative consequences.
An intruder of measured life was a light-engine four-seater Piper PA-28 Cherokee with a three-wheeled fixed gear. At about 10:30 in the morning, the pilot called the Quebec Fire Department and asked for permission to land on the highway a few kilometers south of Jean-Lesage International Airport.
Fire spokesman Bill Noonan said the plane had landed safely when emergency crews arrived. The pilot was not injured.
Traffic was stopped for less than an hour while emergency crews escorted the plane along the highway.
According to the Quebec Police, the pilot was forced to resort to an emergency landing due to mechanical failure.
- BMW officially confirmed the release of the BMW i4M in 2021
- BMW to start production of battery modules in 2021
- New Maserati Grecale SUV showed on renders
- BMW unveils new superbike BMW M 1000 RR
- Volvo electric cars will be built on the new Geely platform