The plane landed on a busy highwayApril 19, 2020
Last morning, drivers in Quebec, Canada, witnessed a plane landing on a highway. Despite the busy traffic, there were no negative consequences.
An intruder of measured life was a light-engine four-seater Piper PA-28 Cherokee with a three-wheeled fixed gear. At about 10:30 in the morning, the pilot called the Quebec Fire Department and asked for permission to land on the highway a few kilometers south of Jean-Lesage International Airport.
Fire spokesman Bill Noonan said the plane had landed safely when emergency crews arrived. The pilot was not injured.
Traffic was stopped for less than an hour while emergency crews escorted the plane along the highway.
According to the Quebec Police, the pilot was forced to resort to an emergency landing due to mechanical failure.
- Green Ferrari collection put up for sale
- Volkswagen accused of unfair competition
- Hybrid hypercar McLaren Saber showed on patent images
- Hengchi 1 electric sedan production begins in China
- Volkswagen Group uses Audi brand to catch up with Tesla in electric vehicle production