The next Mitsubishi Outlander will be built on the Nissan platform.March 5, 2019
The next generation Mitsubishi Outlander crossover will be built on a Nissan modular platform, the CMF. The operating director of Mitsubishi Motors Trevor Mann told this.
The transfer of the new Outlander to the scalable CMF architecture was made possible thanks to the cooperation of automakers within the Renault-Nissan-Mitsubishi alliance. According to preliminary data, the crossover will divide the majority of components and assemblies with the following Nissan X-Trail. Both models are expected to enter the market in 2021.
It is possible that the new Mitsubishi Outlander can get some stylistic and technical solutions from the Engelberg Tourer concept car presented at the Geneva Motor Show. In particular, the prototype was equipped with an auxiliary lighting system on the roof and a trunk for transporting various equipment for outdoor activities.
The car was equipped with a hybrid power plant with the ability to recharge batteries from a household electrical outlet. It consisted of a 2.4-liter naturally aspirated four-cylinder gasoline engine, two electric motors on the front and rear axles, as well as a set of batteries for 20 kWh integrated in the bottom of the car.
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires