The new Touareg will be the most powerful in the Volkswagen lineupMarch 7, 2019
At the Geneva Motor Show, the new Volkswagen Touareg with a V8 TDI engine was introduced, which it will use with the Audi SQ7 TDI.
According to Volkswagen, the 4.0-liter turbodiesel generates 416 hp. (310 kW) and 900 Nm of torque. Acceleration to 100 km / h takes 4.9 seconds. Top speed is electronically limited to 250 km / h. Motors comply with the latest European emission standard 6d-TEMP.
Interestingly, in the Audi SQ7 TDI the same engine produces slightly more power – 429 hp (320 kW) In addition, Volkswagen is a bit crafty, claiming that this is the most powerful Touareg in the history of the model, since in the first generation there was a version with W12 that generated 444 hp. (331 kW)
The Volkswagen Touareg V8 TDI’s standard equipment list includes air suspension, an electric tailgate, stainless steel pedals, 19-inch wheels, and a Light and Sight equipment package with automatically adjustable exterior mirrors and automatic headlights.
Sales of the new Touareg will begin in May of this year.
- Audi Sport showed the first electric car with the RS nameplate
- Sainz about joining Ferrari jokes: I’ll have the last laugh
- Mercedes is thinking about a platform for electric sports cars
- Tesla fired the chief designer of factories. Maybe it’s the water
- Angry workers threaten the launch of a cheap electric car Dacia