The new Mercedes-Benz Citan again went to testsMay 30, 2020
The German manufacturer for the second time brought to the test a new van Citan. The van draws attention even more than before, but is still tightly disguised.
For the second time, Mercedes and Renault are working together on the project for their new compact LCV. When the new Renault Kangoo appeared at the beginning of this year, his German brother, Mercedes Citan, also fell into the lens of photospies. Following Renault’s example, the new Citan also gets a slightly sharper and lower set nose.
Although Citan winds up its test kilometers in warmer places, it still wears a thick winter “suit”, which is not surprising, because the van will not be presented to the public until the end of this year. Mercedes-Benz loves to keep the new Citan out of sight of photo spies: only sharper headlights become a bit more noticeable, but the visible changes end there.
Of course, in addition to Kangoo and Citan, Dacia Dokker will also be based on this base. To get an idea of what the Romanian van will ultimately be, just look at the Kangoo patent images previously published by autoweek.nl. Add to this the headlights and the Mercedes grille, and you will see a new Citan.
- US Post Provider Will Build Military Trucks
- The head of Citroen predicted a drop in the popularity of diesel engines in the next 3-4 years
- Ford E-Transit electric van prepares for testing in summer 2022
- Jaguar chief designer leaves in anticipation of brand’s switch to electric vehicles
- Mitsubishi has reduced its presence in the Chinese auto industry