The new Jaguar XJ will be an electric car for 800 horsesMarch 3, 2019
The current generation of Jaguar XJ in July will be 10 years old, and it is an eternity in such a highly competitive segment, where they are increasingly focused on providing consumers with the latest and most advanced technologies.
Not surprisingly, age has a negative impact on sales of the model – only 1,579 cars sold in the United States last year, and only 1,099 units in Europe.
To change the trend, Jaguar plans to release a new generation of XJ, but to make it completely electric, using technology tested on the I-Pace crossover. The electric car is planned to become a competitor to the Audi e-tron GT, Porsche Taycan and Tesla Model S.
In addition, Jaguar plans to transfer the XJ to the new MLA modular platform, the car will receive a battery of 90 or 100 kW, as well as four electric motors for each wheel with a capacity of 200 horsepower, which will give an overall impressive power of 800 horses.
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos