The new Genesis G80 caught fire while drivingJune 9, 2020
In South Korea, the second-generation premium Genesis G80 sedan caught fire right while driving. A video of the incident was posted on the UPI YouTube channel. According to Carscoops, the exact cause of the fire is still unknown. In turn, the Hyundai Motor Company began its own investigation of the incident.
At the time of the emergency, a 54-year-old woman was driving the car. According to her, the fire started after she left the Genesis G80 from the tunnel. The fire brigade extinguished the fire in seven minutes, but the car was seriously damaged by the fire. The woman herself was not affected by the incident. She emphasized that she bought the car just a month ago.
“It is still unknown whether a vehicle malfunction is the cause of the fire, or is it the driver’s fault,” said a representative of the local fire service.
Hyundai’s premium sub-brand, Genesis, introduced the second-generation G80 sedan at the end of March 2020. The car turned out to be significantly lighter than its predecessor, acquired modern electronic systems, and also became similar to the GV80 crossover.
- Changan Uni-V concept car unveiled in Beijing
- Foton showed a pickup very similar to the Ford F-150
- Premium brand Hongqi unveils minibus concept in Beijing
- The debutant of the motor show in Beijing Chery Tiggo 8 Plus surprised with a high price
- ABT Sportsline finalizes the Audi Q5 TFSI e Quattro