The new generation Yamaha YZF-R1 will be released in 2021April 13, 2019
Rumors continue to circulate around the network regarding the new generation Yamaha YZF-R1. According to the latest data, the new motorcycle should be released as a model of 2021, when the standard of harmful emissions of euro5 comes into force5. In principle, everything is logical.
If you believe the rumors, the new Superbike will be equipped with a new four-cylinder ryadnik with a cross-shaped crankshaft, a balancing shaft and a system of variable valve timing, which is becoming mainstream in the motor industry. In addition, the continuous gearbox from MotoGP is expected – it will be interesting to see how Yamaha engineers are adapting this technology to a production bike.
Presumably peak power will be above 200 hp, which has become the norm in the liter superbike category.
Electronics will also be upgraded. Information is very little. Also planned aerodynamic components and wings.
The current generation Yamaha YZF-R1 is released without significant changes since 2015, that is, the update of the flagship is already asking for.
- Tesla offered independent European services to get official status
- Range Rover Electric Confirmed, Jaguar XJ Delayed
- Volkswagen will produce 500 thousand electric crossovers a year
- The hydrogen truck Mercedes-Benz GenH2 will have a range of 1000 km
- Porsche launches 2.1 MWh mobile charging station