The new Cadillac Escalade will not get a V8 biturbo engineNovember 30, 2019
Contrary to early information, the 550-horsepower V8 turbo engine, known as the Blackwing, will not be equipped with any new Cadillac.
Fans of the American brand met the new “charged” models CT4-V and CT5-V indifferently, and it is clear why. Cars with a capacity of 320 and 350 hp accordingly, they can not compete even with their predecessors – ATS-V and CTS-V, not to mention German sports sedans.
It was rumored that Cadillac was preparing for the CT5-V an even more dynamic variation with the Blackwing powertrain from the top CT6-V sedan, while now it became known that these plans were not destined to come true.
According to Motor Trend, relying on its source at GM, a powerful 550-horsepower 4.2-liter twin-turbo V8 engine will remain only on the CT6-V. The corporation’s plan to reduce costs does not include the use of Blackwing neither on the upcoming Escalade SUVs, nor on the CT5-V sedan, nor on any other brand models. The new Escalade, for sure, will acquire one of the current V8 at 5.3 liters or 6.2 liters.
- Hamilton broke Schumacher’s “eternal” record, setting a historic achievement
- Drag racing: new Audi RS3 vs old Mitsubishi Evo 8
- The network has an image of the updated Nissan Rogue Sport
- Hypercar Mercedes-AMG One will receive more than 1200 horsepower
- US enthusiasts have made a unique car out of a GMC Sierra pickup