The new BMW M235i Gran Coupe passes the latest testsOctober 21, 2019
A couple of days after the release of the new BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe, the German brand began final testing of the most productive version of the model at the Nurburgring.
Photo spies were able to capture on the race track another BMW M235i xDrive concept, which is most likely used by the brand for the finalization of the car. The car is painted in glossy black and probably not as attractive as the bright blue copy that the brand presented during the demonstration.
Despite the name, this 2-Series Gran Coupe is in no way associated with the 2-Series Coupe and Convertible, as they have a rear-wheel drive system. The model is based on the platform from 1-Series and crossovers X1 and X2.
The M235i xDrive is powered by a 4-cylinder turbocharged 2-liter engine with a capacity of 301 horsepower, which operates in conjunction with an 8-band automatic transmission and four-wheel drive. As noted in the German corporation, the model can accelerate to the first 100 km/h in 4.7 seconds or 4.6 seconds with the M Performance package.
From the 228i xDrive, the M model looks different in that it has rims, a trunk spoiler and more aggressive bumpers. The official presentation of the new BMW 2-Series Gran Coupe will take place at the Los Angeles Auto Show in November.
In addition, it became known earlier that Pirelli has prepared tires specifically for the new BMW M8. It is noted that the Pirelli P Zero tires optimize noise levels and improve handling.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers