The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3November 17, 2019
BMW announced plans for the i4 last year, and new details about the upcoming electric car are now appearing.
BMW will initially launch a model with an 80 kWh battery, which is supposed to power two electric motors that will provide the car with a total power of 523 hp. and make the i4 more powerful than the M3 with a 3.0-liter six-cylinder engine with two 425 hp turbines Despite an additional 98 hp, the i4 will have a similar acceleration time of up to 100 km / h – about 4.0 seconds, and its maximum speed will be electronically limited at around 193 km / h.
In terms of range, the i4 is expected to travel about 600 km on a single charge in the WLTP cycle. The car will be able to get 80% of the charge in 35 minutes using a 150 kW DC charger. Despite the fact that the i4 will receive as the basis the same platform that the BMW 3 Series uses, it will be much heavier, since only the battery module will weigh about 544 kg.
It is likely that by the time the BWM i4 was launched in 2021, additional power plant options would appear, for example, an entry-level version with one electric motor and / or a smaller battery.
- Pininfarina will celebrate its 90th anniversary with a new logo and a festive event
- Introduced Tab 400 Solo trailer for single travelers
- The famous racer introduced a motorcycle with a V8 engine
- Honda has developed a racing Civic Type R
- Audi celebrates the 25th anniversary of the RS anniversary styling package