The mysterious Toyota EV is due for release in 2021January 26, 2019
An intriguing fact about Toyota electric cars surfaced during a presentation by Giovanni Palazzo, executive director of Electrify America, the list of electric cars that are expected in the next 4 years. It turns out that in 2021 the “mysterious” Toyota EV should be released in the series, about which nothing is known yet.
The company, as usual, keeps silent about its future electric vehicles, but the events that are developing around it are increasingly convincing that the Japanese concern is still preparing to enter the electric mobile market. This is indicated by the creation of a joint venture with Panasonic for the development and production of batteries, as well as early statements that about 10 electrified brand models will appear on the market by the early 2020s.
Previously, Toyota and Tesla collaborated in 2012–2014, and the result of their collaboration was the RAV4 EV electrocross.
Recall that Toyota is known for its skepticism regarding electric cars, but it is quite supportive of hybrid cars. But the latest steps of the company show that skepticism is becoming less.
- The roof of the Tesla Model X electric car collapses on the move
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors