The most unpredictable drag: heavy rain and 30 different carsMarch 6, 2019
The races were held on the Top Gear test track.
YouTube channel Lovecars has organized a large-scale drag racing with 30 cars. Among them were both modern supercars, and “classics”, rest-mode and even one buggy.
The races were held at the British Dansfold airfield, where the Top Gear test track is located. Torrential rain made the results of races unpredictable, however, most of the finalists were equipped with all-wheel drive. The final races were not carried out completely, because due to the large amount of water on the track, the cars lost their grip and flew off the track.
The publication of Motor Trend annually holds the so-called “greatest drag racing in the world”, which is always attended by about a dozen supercars. Last year’s race can be seen here, and the winner of 2017 is here.
- Superformance has modernized the legendary Shelby Daytona
- Sony has no plans to release a production version of the Vision-S concept
- Latest internal combustion engine Lotus debuts this summer
- New Nissan Ariya spotted on tests in Japan
- BMW will cut its lineup for profit