The most powerful Subaru in history debuted in DetroitJanuary 15, 2019
At the Detroit Motor Show presented a sports sedan Subaru WRX STI S209, equipped with a 345-horsepower boxer turbocharger
The company Subaru has introduced a new modification of the sports sedan WRX STI called S209. The premiere of the car, which became the most powerful production machine in the history of the Japanese brand, was held at the Detroit Auto Show.
Subaru WRX STI S209 equipped with significantly upgraded 2.5-liter four-cylinder boxer engine with 345 horsepower. The engine used an enlarged high-pressure turbine and a drive supercharger.
In addition, engineers at Subaru Tecnica International used reinforced forged pistons and connecting rods, another intercooler, enlarged injectors, a reprogrammed electronic control unit for the power unit, as well as manually polished stainless steel exhaust pipes.
The engine is paired with a specially tuned six-speed manual gearbox and a permanent all-wheel drive system. Plus, the sedan received a central limited-slip differential and a system of active torque distribution.
Finally, the Subaru WRX STI S209 was equipped with Bilstein shock absorbers with stiffer springs, a new rear anti-roll bar, and Brembo six-piston brakes in front.
American sales of the Subaru WRX STI S209 will begin towards the end of 2019. Prices for the sports sedan are not yet called.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV