The most popular hybrid Toyota Prius became all-wheel driveJanuary 19, 2019
The company introduced a slightly updated version for the European market. Now economical car has a new stylish bumpers, slightly modified optics and electric rear axle drive.
Toyota showed a Toyota Prius restyled hybrid for the European market. The hybrid system still includes a 1.8-liter gasoline engine operating on the Atkinson cycle. Together with it, there are two motor-generators charging and working from a nickel-metal hydride battery.
The main update for the European “Prius” was the modification of the Hybrid AWD-e. This version is equipped with all-wheel drive system. There is no full transmission of torque, but the rear axle is driven by a small electric motor with a sufficiently large torque. This allows the car to travel on electricity to a speed of 10 km / h. And also connect the rear axle at speeds up to 70 km / h for stabilization and traction.
In addition, the car received a slightly redesigned design of the front and rear with new bumpers, slightly modified optics, as well as slightly modified details.
When the model goes on sale – they do not report how the price tag for the all-wheel drive version remained unknown.
- Ferrari Enzo set an online auction record
- Unmanned buses will be tested in five European cities
- In Sweden and Israel are building roads with wireless charging electric vehicles
- New transistors will increase the range of electric vehicles
- The electric minivan has a VW ID. Buzz will be the fourth level of autonomy