The most popular hybrid Toyota Prius became all-wheel driveJanuary 19, 2019
The company introduced a slightly updated version for the European market. Now economical car has a new stylish bumpers, slightly modified optics and electric rear axle drive.
Toyota showed a Toyota Prius restyled hybrid for the European market. The hybrid system still includes a 1.8-liter gasoline engine operating on the Atkinson cycle. Together with it, there are two motor-generators charging and working from a nickel-metal hydride battery.
The main update for the European “Prius” was the modification of the Hybrid AWD-e. This version is equipped with all-wheel drive system. There is no full transmission of torque, but the rear axle is driven by a small electric motor with a sufficiently large torque. This allows the car to travel on electricity to a speed of 10 km / h. And also connect the rear axle at speeds up to 70 km / h for stabilization and traction.
In addition, the car received a slightly redesigned design of the front and rear with new bumpers, slightly modified optics, as well as slightly modified details.
When the model goes on sale – they do not report how the price tag for the all-wheel drive version remained unknown.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers