The most dangerous drivers namedOctober 8, 2020
The relevant data was shared by the American Institute for Highway Safety IIHS.
IIHS specialists sometimes do interesting research. This time, they analyzed crash data for the period from 1997 to 2018 and found out which age category drivers are most likely to get into accidents on US roads. In total, more than 100,000 fatal accidents were considered.
As a result of the study, it turned out that the most dangerous age category of drivers was not young people who love speed and not men and women over 70, but drivers of the middle age category. At the same time, the older generation became the safest drivers, where the mortality rate was 43% lower.
IIHS experts associate such results with an increase in the number of active and passive safety systems in cars, as well as an improvement in the quality of life of older people and the quality of medical care. At the same time, middle-aged drivers are more likely to drive drunk, which leads to disastrous consequences.
- “Piece of cheese” with a jet engine sells for the price of a Kia Ceed
- The most powerful Toyota Camry against two “charged” Honda
- The rarest BMW M1 of the creator of the Boney M group will be sold at auction for 435,000 pounds sterling
- Polestar will put three new cars on the conveyor of a plant in China
- Images of the off-road Ford EcoSport Active 2021 appeared on the web