The McLaren did not postpone plans to switch to Mercedes enginesMarch 21, 2020
The McLaren contract with Renault minders expires this year, the British team planned to finalize with them before changing the regulations – and in 2021, switch to Mercedes power plants.
Despite the fact that the change of regulations is postponed for a year, and next year the teams will use the same machines, McLaren confirmed their plans. The contract with Mercedes was designed for a period from 2021 to 2024 – and it will be respected.
Changing the power plant while maintaining the chassis should not cause great difficulties. According to the rules, the engine mounting points should be the same for all manufacturers, so the team will only have to adjust the layout of the car to the architecture of the Mercedes power plant.
- Electric crossover Ioniq 5 unveiledin the screenshot
- New Toyota Land Cruiser 300 will be available for pre-order in March
- Mazda MX-5 turned into a retro roadster
- Ford to recall US police cars
- New Segway-transformer Ninebot received a racing wheel and a capacious battery