The M-Sport team will play at the WRC next seasonDecember 22, 2018
The decision on participation was taken on the last day of application. The Ford Fiesta hatchbacks will be driven by Elfin Evans and Teemu Suninen, according to Motosport.
Until the last moment, the question of being present at the M-Sport rally was questioned. The management of the team did not exclude the possibility of their absence in the championship due to funding problems. However, as can be seen, the way out was found.
Both drivers will conduct all 14 stages in WRC-2019. The first two races in Monte Carlo and Sweden will be accompanied by Pontus Tidemand, who won in 2017 in WRC2.
Team leader Malcolm Wilson says that the last weeks have been very exciting for them: winning the championship and the subsequent departure of Sebastian Ogier and Julien Ingarsia. In addition, there was a lot of work to still take part in the rally. Even now it is still not 100% ready.
“Together with partners from the States and Europe, we worked on the engine and suspension. Every detail has been studied and processed, so we have to check on the highway, how it will eventually work. ”
- The players of the English club had to go to the game by taxi because of the “smart” bus
- RS2 Avant-style tuning kit developed for Audi Coupe
- New Audi S8 and Bentley Flying Spur were brought to drag
- The fate of the Kia Stinger remains in question even after the update
- Ford publishes teaser for Bronco Warthog with 37-inch tires