The M-Sport team will play at the WRC next seasonDecember 22, 2018
The decision on participation was taken on the last day of application. The Ford Fiesta hatchbacks will be driven by Elfin Evans and Teemu Suninen, according to Motosport.
Until the last moment, the question of being present at the M-Sport rally was questioned. The management of the team did not exclude the possibility of their absence in the championship due to funding problems. However, as can be seen, the way out was found.
Both drivers will conduct all 14 stages in WRC-2019. The first two races in Monte Carlo and Sweden will be accompanied by Pontus Tidemand, who won in 2017 in WRC2.
Team leader Malcolm Wilson says that the last weeks have been very exciting for them: winning the championship and the subsequent departure of Sebastian Ogier and Julien Ingarsia. In addition, there was a lot of work to still take part in the rally. Even now it is still not 100% ready.
“Together with partners from the States and Europe, we worked on the engine and suspension. Every detail has been studied and processed, so we have to check on the highway, how it will eventually work. ”
- Formula 1 Champion to compete in EV racing for the first time
- Tesla accused another employee of stealing classified data
- The exclusive Maybach 57S is up for sale. His customer could be Gaddafi
- Updated Toyota Highlander 2021 goes on sale for the first time in Europe
- New Hyundai Bayon B-SUV crossover spotted in spy photos