The legendary Formula 1 car Schumacher sold at auctionDecember 7, 2019
The champion car was sold at RM Sotheby’s in Abu Dhabi for $ 6,643,750. It was this Ferrari that helped the famous pilot become the champion for the fifth time.
Formula-1 car from the Italian brand Ferrari with tail number 219 has once again gone under the hammer. This time it was sold in the United Arab Emirates by auction house RM Sotheby’s. The final amount was a bet of 6,643,750 dollars. Moreover, this amount was lower than expected.
It was this car that took part in the notorious race at the Austrian A1 Ring in 2002. It was on that move that Michael Schumacher became the champion for the fifth time, but only thanks to a concession from team member Rubens Barikello and an order from the leadership. Then the teammate defiantly lost the first place just before the finish. The episode led to a change in regulations and a short-term ban on team tactics.
Ferrari Formula-1 219 itself took part in three races – in San Marino, Austria and the French Grand Prix. After a professional career, the car was in private collections, having changed several owners in 17 years.
Most likely, the new buyer will have to carry out a major overhaul of the car after the purchase. Fireballs of that time were designed taking into account a resource of 350 km.
- Honda will no longer install vacuum cleaners in Honda Odyssey minivans
- Another Tesla Model 3 exploded in the garage
- New DS7 Crossback Louvre Edition will showcase the Louvre’s most significant projects on the multimedia screen
- General Motors and its Cruise project will help Honda implement robotic taxi in Japan
- Vietnamese company VinFast unveils three electric crossovers