The Internet introduced a 3,500-horsepower truck with a 27.9-liter engineNovember 15, 2019
The creator of the strange tractor is a resident of Southern California – Mike Harra. He gave seven years of his life to build a car called THOR 24.
The vehicle is based on the 1979 Peterbilt 359 model. In the arsenal of the machine there are two twin 12V-71 diesel engines from Detroit Diesel, which are equipped with eight BDS 8–71 compressors. The working volume of a special engine is 27.9 liters.
The tractor THOR 24 is endowed with 24 exhaust pipes. At the same time, a 24-cylinder diesel engine can produce 3471 horsepower. Torque is transmitted to the rear axle using the Allison HT740 4-speed automatic transmission. THOR 24 can accelerate to 160 km / h, however, for a full stop at this speed, four parachutes that are located on the rear bumper will be needed.
The length of the car reaches 13.41 meters, and its weight is 13.5 tons. The chassis for THOR 24 was assembled from rectangular pipes with a wall thickness of 16 mm. The truck was also presented with Alcoa wheels, on which 315/30 R22.5 tires are installed on the front and 11 R24.5 on the rear.
- Nissan dedicated a version of the GT-R Nismo supercar to McDonald’s
- Aston Martin gets ready for summer with a pastel car collection
- Watch the new Bentley Flying Spur V8 zip along the Autobahn
- Camouflaged Mercedes Maybach S-Class prototype spotted
- Max Verstappen won the Emilia-Romagna Grand Prix,