The host of the popular TV show turns the Mazda MX-5 into a formula carJanuary 1, 2021
Ant Ansted, an anchor of the Discovery Channel’s “Scammers”, has developed a kit to convert the Mazda MX-5 roadster into the legendary Formula 1 Alfa Romeo 158 car.
The portal Carscoops reports. A set of parts, including a roll bar and a few body panels, will cost a modest $ 10,000. And given the fact that it is almost impossible to buy an original racing Alfa Romeo Tipo 158, such a “price tag” looks very attractive.
As a reminder, the Alfa Romeo Tipo 158 is one of the most successful racing cars in Grand Prix history. Between 1938 and 1951, he won 47 of 54 races, including 13 Formula 1 races. It was on this car that the legendary Juan Manuel Fangio won his first victory and also won several historic races. The car was equipped with a 1.5-liter inline 8-cylinder engine and a 4-speed “mechanics”. The motor developed 190 hp, impressive for its time.
Ant plans to make just 10 self-assembly kits based on Mazda roadster assemblies. The kit will also include detailed video instructions from Ansted.
- The popularity of the Ferrari brand has decreased by a third over the past decade
- Hybrid crossover Lamborghini Urus will be the most powerful model of the brand
- Toyota invests heavily in artificial intelligence and robotics
- Automakers face new production challenge
- Production of the new Hyundai Ioniq 5 may be delayed