The head of Volkswagen recognized a significant lag behind TeslaApril 28, 2020
Herbert Diss, the head of Volkswagen, recently expressed concern about the American company’s leadership in the autonomous electric car segment.
Tesla fleet is quite large, which greatly helps in the development of unmanned technologies – data from all vehicles are used to develop autopilot. At the same time, a software update is released once every 2 weeks, which makes it possible to apply the experience accumulated by one electric vehicle in recognizing the road infrastructure on all cars.
At the same time, Volkswagen faced problems with the release of its ID.3 electric car – it was precisely because of software problems that the company postponed the release of the hatchback. To this end, the concern intends to form a new structure, which will allow, if not surpassing, then at least catching up with Tesla. However, this will take a lot of time.
- PSA Group 3Q 2020 Financial Results
- Flying car received the first road permit
- The unmanned car rammed the wall right after the start of the race.
- The funding will help the company expand its lineup.
- Volkswagen electrifies another SUV