The Germans will start producing solar-powered cars at the former Saab plant.April 21, 2019
The German startup Sono Motors together with the Swedish-Chinese consortium NEVS will produce solar-powered cars at the former Saab company in the Swedish Trollhättan. It is reported by Automotive News.
Production of a compact electric hatchback Sion will begin next year. Every year the company plans to produce up to 43 thousand cars. In just eight years, 260 thousand cars should be produced.
The first prototype of Sono Sion was introduced in 2017. On the roof of the new panel installed with 330 photovoltaic cells. To protect against weather and other external conditions, a special polycarbonate-based coating is applied to the panel. According to the developers, in sunny weather, solar cells are able to accumulate energy, which is enough for an additional 34 km. The total power reserve is 250 kilometers.
Cost Sono Sion will be 25.5 thousand euros. At the moment, the Germans have already received about 10 thousand orders for cars. In this case, batteries for electric cars will be sold separately or offered for lease. The same scheme operates Renault with its electric Zoe.
- Ford patented name for new SUV
- Ram Announces Anniversary Edition of 2021 2500 Power Wagon Pickup
- Scotland starts offering interest-free loans for used electric cars
- Jeep Wrangler will cheer up its owners with bright colors
- The fuel consumption of the luxury crossover Genesis GV80 has become known