The German press writes about the future of Toto WolffMay 30, 2020
German Auto Bild writes that Toto Wolff will resign as head of the Mercedes team at the end of the year after the expiration of the existing contract. Who will replace him is not reported.
According to the publication, Toto will remain the owner of a 30% stake in the champion team. Moreover, the publication claims that Lawrence Stroll, who already owns Racing Point, can buy back part of the team’s shares from Daimler. At the same time, the option of a share swap is not ruled out – Lawrence gives Daimler part of his shares in Aston Martin in exchange for the shares of the Formula 1 Mercedes team. As a result, the team will actually become Wolff and Stroll, and Daimler will retain the nominal share of the Brackley team.
With this development of events, the fate of the Racing Point remains unclear, which from the next season will be called Aston Martin Racing. It is possible that the team will become a satellite of Mercedes or find a new owner.
- Sales of “charged” versions of liftback and station wagon Volkswagen Arteon started in Europe
- Great Wall showed Chinese electric car with Porsche Panamera design
- Mazda will release a special series of sedans and station wagons Mazda 6 Kuro Edition
- Tesla settles lawsuit against its former engineer
- Subaru recalls nearly a million vehicles