The German press writes about the future of Toto WolffMay 30, 2020
German Auto Bild writes that Toto Wolff will resign as head of the Mercedes team at the end of the year after the expiration of the existing contract. Who will replace him is not reported.
According to the publication, Toto will remain the owner of a 30% stake in the champion team. Moreover, the publication claims that Lawrence Stroll, who already owns Racing Point, can buy back part of the team’s shares from Daimler. At the same time, the option of a share swap is not ruled out – Lawrence gives Daimler part of his shares in Aston Martin in exchange for the shares of the Formula 1 Mercedes team. As a result, the team will actually become Wolff and Stroll, and Daimler will retain the nominal share of the Brackley team.
With this development of events, the fate of the Racing Point remains unclear, which from the next season will be called Aston Martin Racing. It is possible that the team will become a satellite of Mercedes or find a new owner.
- Bis Industries will launch the Rexx dump truck
- Nissan has begun restructuring its business
- Fiat is preparing to release a new version of the electric car 500 EV
- Audi’s new technologies will make roads safer
- Toyota Camry 2021 will receive a complete set of XSE Hybrid