The first images of the new Mazda CX-50 appearedDecember 2, 2020
It looks like the BMW X4 coupe crossover has a competitor.
The designers of the Spanish motor.es portal tried to imagine how the new Mazda crossover would look like. Judging by the renders, the novelty will receive a front end with a massive radiator grille and narrow headlights from the current brand models, as well as protective plastic covers for the wheel arches. The roof sloping at the rear of the car will not go anywhere, and the front and rear pillars will receive a strong slope.
Note that the Japanese automaker has been planning to update its Mazda CX-5 for a long time. It is expected that the car will “move” to a new platform, add dimensions and become a full-fledged mid-size model. It is assumed that after the generation change, the crossover will receive the name Mazda CX-50 – in the spring of last year, the corresponding name was registered in the European patent register.
There is no technical data on the new Mazda CX-50 yet. However, earlier AutoTimesNews reported that Mazda was developing new gasoline and diesel 6-cylinder engines. According to preliminary data, they will receive a 48-volt starter-generator or a full-fledged electric motor in a pair. The coupe-like novelty is expected to hit the market no earlier than 2022.
- Israeli electric brand Ree Automotive to establish production in the USA
- Updated crossover KIA Soul 2023 with internal combustion engine showed in the first photos
- Photospin photographed the electric Genesis Electrified GV70 while charging
- Will the 2021 Ford Bronco beat the Jeep Wrangler in drag racing?
- Introduced cool restomod based on Jeep Grand Wagoneer SUV