The first details about the new Supra GT4 are publishedOctober 30, 2019
The 2020 Toyota Supra GT4 race car was introduced earlier this year at the Geneva Motor Show, and its first race took place at the 24-hour race at the Nurburgring.
But just now, Toyota has provided key mechanical details about the car. And the big news is that the six-speed Supra turbocharged turbine is 429 horsepower, an improvement of almost 100 horsepower compared to a road car. The engine is supported by a seven-speed automatic gearbox, ready for the race, rather than an eight-speed road car. Power is supplied only to the rear wheels through a mechanical limited slip differential.
As a race car, the Supra GT4 was shocked by the comfort of mass production and style features. This means that it weighs just 2,976 pounds, about 400 pounds less than a road car. The brakes are equipped with six-piston calipers at the front and four pistons at the rear. The suspension design repeats the road car with MacPherson struts in front and an independent rear suspension with several links. Each end is equipped with KW racing shock absorbers.
Toyota Supra GT4 goes on sale next year. It will be available for order first in Europe in March, then in North America in August and in Asia in October. The price is set at 175,000 euros.
- Half a century old pickup truck was abandoned in the desert. It has bullet marks on it
- Chinese BAIC builds electric sedan with advanced autopilot
- The head of Nikola leaves the post after accusations of fraud
- Iran is preparing to release an inexpensive sedan on the PSA platform
- The new Mercedes-Maybach S-class will be even more luxurious