The FIA will prohibit the completion of equipment for pit stopsJune 21, 2020
Teams spend a lot of effort and money to carry out pit stops every year faster and with fewer errors. Teams will be able to further develop their actions, but the FIA decided to homologate the equipment – and limit its completion.
All ten teams until July 22 will provide the FIA with a complete specification of equipment for pit stops. After this date, adjustments can be made, but with a mandatory notification, and from September 30 only minimal interventions are allowed, such as adjusting the jack height to the level of ground clearance on a particular highway – and only with the approval of the FIA. Other changes may be made before the end of the season only to ensure greater safety.
At first it was planned to introduce standard equipment for pit stops, but then all the teams would have to buy a new set of equipment, which would increase costs – and they simply decided to “freeze” its completion.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version