The FIA canceled the tender for brake suppliersSeptember 28, 2019
The FIA decided to postpone the transition of Formula 1 to the use of brakes and their components from one, common to all suppliers, canceling the previously announced tender.
Serious changes in the rules in the 2021 season will affect the design of the machines, given the critical role of brakes for their efficiency and safety, the FIA decided to suspend this initiative until further research is completed.
The FIA thanked Brembo for participating in the tender. The issue of switching to the brakes of one manufacturer will be re-examined in 2021.
- MINI confirms production of electric crossover
- Chevrolet K5 Blazer turned into an electric car
- Electric Kia Soul brought to the “moose test”
- The interior of the Porsche Panamera Turbo S has been improved
- Ferrari is testing a mysterious prototype