The expert advised the concern to reduce the quality of carsJuly 15, 2019
According to European analytical data, the average life of a new car continues to grow. Accordingly, this reduces the profits of the corporations, which may lead to a crisis in the industry.
British analyst and expert Mike Rutherford proposed to reduce the quality of new cars. He said this in an interview with the publication Auto Express. According to him, modern cars are excessively reliable, which complicates the implementation of new products. The market is already oversaturated, and adequate measures are required.
So, according to the analyst, cars from 2000 to 2010 are much more reliable than their predecessors. If at the beginning of zero the average tenure of the vehicle in Britain was 6.5 years, now it has grown to 8 years. If we take the statistics for Europe and America, then the numbers are even more impressive – 11.1 and 12 years, respectively.
According to Rezenford, if concerns do not take action, many of them will not withstand the fall in sales and go down in history. To remedy the situation, manufacturers need to increase the attractiveness of buying a new car with stocks and discounts.
It also makes sense to reduce the quality, which will reduce the cost of models.
- PSA confirms Citroen will not participate in WRC in 2022
- Under the influence of Greta Tumberg: Schwarzenegger increased the environmental friendliness of his rogue Pinzgauer 6×6 718 K
- The new BMW i4 will be more powerful than the “charged” BMW M3
- Ferrari will slow down the pace of lineup expansion in 2020
- The Chinese released a crossover with a fuel consumption of 1.3 liters per 100 kilometers