The designer who created the Audi TT goes to MitsubishiJuly 3, 2019
Mitsubishi announced that former Seat and Audi designer Jorge Diez will head the company’s European division. His official position is Director of Mitsubishi Motors Europe Design (MMED), located near Frankfurt, Germany, and Vice President of Mitsubishi Motor R & D Europe (MRDE).
MMED Design Studio was founded in 2014. It works closely with studios in Tokyo and Okazaki, developing concepts and production models for European markets.
Jorge Diez worked for the Volkswagen Group for 18 years. He was senior exterior designer at Audi from 2001 to 2010, chief exterior designer at Seat from 2011 to 2014, and head of Audi Concept Design Munich. During his career, he was responsible for developing such models as the Seat Leon and Ibe concepts, as well as the Audi A7 Sportback and TT.
- Jeep Wrangler nearly fell off a cliff
- Audi R8 received a new special version
- Rolls-Royce’s first electric car arrives this decade
- Forgotten 70s Aston Martin supercar to be restored
- Classic Bentley Blower was assembled from Lego parts