The debut of the revolutionary Aprilia bike on tests in MalaysiaFebruary 2, 2020
On February 2, a three-day shakedown for MotoGP teams started in Malaysia, traditionally preceding the first full-fledged block of tests on Sepang. On the track are test pilots of the factory teams Yamaha, Honda, Ducati, KTM and Aprilia.
Perhaps the greatest interest of the few photographers and journalists who are present at the tests is riveted to the latter: the team from Noale brought a revolutionary new motorcycle RS-GP, which stands out among the brothers in advanced aerodynamics. The motorcycle received a new V4 engine with a 90-degree camber, like Ducati and Honda, and an external flywheel. The team managed to build two chassis, which on the shakedown will be tested by test pilots Bradley Smith and Lorenzo Savadori.
In addition, GPOne learned that the debut of Jorge Lorenzo as a Yamaha test pilot was postponed until Monday – the Spaniard arrived in Malaysia only on the early morning of Sunday and has not yet adapted to changing the time zones.
Sepang tests will last until February 4. The first block of tests with the participation of combat pilots will take place a little later, from February 7 to 9.
- Carlex Design atelier unveiled the exterior of the new Land Rover Defender
- New Haval H6 will receive a hybrid power plant
- A motorhome based on the Hummer H1 SUV went on sale
- Genesis has decided on the date of the debut of the new crossover GV70
- Ex-Tesla employee will pay the automaker $ 400 thousand to reveal trade secrets