The crew of Mika Hakkinen took 22nd place in SuzukaAugust 25, 2019
In the spring, we wrote about Mika Hakkinen’s plans to get behind the wheel of a race car and perform at the Intercontinental GT Challenge series in Japan.
The 10 hours Suzuki race took place today, and the two-time world champion participated in the same carriage with the Japanese teammates Hiroaki Ishiura and Katsuaki Kubota. At the disposal of their Planex SmaCam Racing team was a McLaren 720S GT3 sports car, and according to the results of the race they took 22nd place in the overall standings.
“I really liked it! It will be necessary to take part in such a race again! – Mika wrote on his Twitter page. – Great team and great car. Thank you Kubota-san and Ishiura-san! It was an unforgettable race in Suzuka, where we were supported by incredible Japanese fans! ”
And the first line of the finish line after 10 hours of struggle on the track was crossed by the Audi R8 LMS of the Dutch team WRT, which included Frederic Vervis, Dres Ventur and Kelvin van der Linde.
- Ford Bronco now available with 7-speed manual transmission
- Mercedes has decided to postpone the premiere of the electric crossover EQA
- Drag racing: Porsche 911 Carrera S or Chevy Camaro ZL1
- Engine of 3000-horsepower diesel truck explodes on dyno
- Nissan Maxima received an anniversary special version