The charged version of the BMW M2 will have to wait until 2023May 2, 2021
Insiders call the estimated timing of the “hot” modification of the BMW 2-Series
The next generation of the BMW 2-Series coupe will be presented this year, but its “charged” version of the M2 will have to wait a couple of years. BMW Blog writes about this, referring to its informants in the company itself.
It is known that the previous model with the F87 index will be discontinued this summer. Only now the successor with the G87 index will reach the conveyor only in December next year. And the newest M2 will not be on sale until 2023.
It is reported that the next generation BMW M2 will be rear-wheel drive. There is still no confirmed information about the transmission: the manual transmission is still a big question. According to experts’ forecasts, the high-performance novelty will receive an eight-speed “automatic” ZF. In tandem, a three-liter inline V6 biturbo engine will work with it.
Such an engine can be found on the M3 / M4 and X3 / X4 M. The output of such a power unit can vary from 400 to 450 horsepower.
But the giant “nostrils” of the radiator grill, which caused such a stir among fans of the brand, the new M2 will not get it.
Earlier, our portal said that the new electric car Fiat 500e passed the “moose test”. The subcompact battery-powered hatchback performed well despite failing the first test.
- The renderings presented the radical evolution of the design of the Chevy Silverado pickup
- Details about the extreme sedan BMW M3 CS have appeared
- The new Toyota Corolla Cross crossover is being tested on US roads
- Nissan will not be able to produce half a million cars due to a shortage of chips
- The new Opel and Vauxhall Vivaro-e received a hydrogen unit with a range of 400 km